|Message: Simulation executes, but no Physics calculations performed||Not Logged In (login)|
Click on the Forum title, e.g. on the "Forums by Category" page, to read a sequence of postings to the Forum and its threads all in one page. If you are only interested in one thread or the thread following a specific posting, click the thread or the posting, which takes you to a smaller page, which contains only the part you are interested in and may be easier to navigate.
Messages are "chained" if there are only replies at the first level, i.e. 1/1.html, 1/1/1.html etc. In case of "chained" messages the message number is replaced by the icon and there is no indentation.
Inline: Display the subject line only or also the text of the posting(s); for the choice "All" the "Outline" choices are switched off.
|1||0||1||no text / full text of posting|
|2||1||All||text for level 1 only / text for All postings|
Outline: Choose the depth of the posting thread, successive toggle controls provide increasing detail.
|1||2||1||2 levels / 1 level (original posting)|
|2||3||2||3 levels / 2 levels|
|3||3||All||3 levels / all levels (all postings)|
First off, I'm a very new user to Geant4, and C++ in general, I've had about a week's experience in compiling, debugging and running simulation problems. My problem is as follows:
I'm currently running a simulation from code that was written before I started my undergraduate research in the department. After getting G4 to work, and debugging compiling/linking issues with the code, I was finally able to generate an executable file. When I run the executable however, it seems as though no calculations are being performed, my cpu's don't appear to be experiencing the level of use I would expect. When I invoke the visualization window (I just use DAWNFILE, since there is an issue with my OpenGL) I can see the geometry of my setup, and I can also see the track of the input beam, but no output particles or tracks are generated.
I'm not sure where to begin looking for the issue, because this code ran perfectly years ago, and since I've gotten it to compile without errors (other than warnings of unused variables) I don't know how it could be in the code. The problem is very complex, and I have been told that it could take anywhere from 1-7 days to get any results, but I should still see the cpu usage due to the calculations. G4 also seems to be working fine with some of the examples, and currently I am trying out the more complex ones to be sure.