|Message: Changing Geometry/Material with Index of Refraction: no/wrong Cerenkov production||Not Logged In (login)|
Click on the Forum title, e.g. on the "Forums by Category" page, to read a sequence of postings to the Forum and its threads all in one page. If you are only interested in one thread or the thread following a specific posting, click the thread or the posting, which takes you to a smaller page, which contains only the part you are interested in and may be easier to navigate.
Messages are "chained" if there are only replies at the first level, i.e. 1/1.html, 1/1/1.html etc. In case of "chained" messages the message number is replaced by the icon and there is no indentation.
Inline: Display the subject line only or also the text of the posting(s); for the choice "All" the "Outline" choices are switched off.
|1||0||1||no text / full text of posting|
|2||1||All||text for level 1 only / text for All postings|
Outline: Choose the depth of the posting thread, successive toggle controls provide increasing detail.
|1||2||1||2 levels / 1 level (original posting)|
|2||3||2||3 levels / 2 levels|
|3||3||All||3 levels / all levels (all postings)|
I'm trying to change a material in my detector construction and its associated optical properties through the macro interface. In particular, I am trying to generate a "new" material based on a user-entered percentage by which a solution of two materials will be calculated.
I haven't gotten this to work, in particular it seems like some properties are being incorrectly stored or retrieved based on the Cerenkov light that is produced - it does not correctly relate to the index of refraction of the material that has been created.
Anything that is "hard coded" in my DetectorConstruction file works fine - the unusual behavior is only when trying to set the new material through a macro or the UI interface. Then I either have Seg Faults or very wrong Cerenkov production (a factor of 10 too high or effectively 0). This doesn't correlate with the actual parameter, but it does seem to correlate to how many times I have changed the parameter and created a run in a row.
I'm looking for advice on examples to follow or ways to debug this problem*
I am trying to follow the method of changing material in the Field01 example, specifically the code in the SetAbsorberMaterial. But, that is yielding the above problem.
For debugging, one thing I have tried is looking at the material the track is in via PostUserTrackingAction - the index of refraction is correct. I copied this code from the G4Cerenkov process, since it seems like there is a problem somewhere with the optical photon generation.
I'm wondering if there is an incompatibility between the method in the Field examples and the optical properties/processes. I don't see what it would be, but I'm scratching my head about why I seem to be having memory access problems (given the seg faults and random results).
Thank you for your help/ideas,
|Inline Depth:||Outline Depth:||Add message:|