Message: Re: Visibiliy of reflection coefficient in G4LogicalBorderSurface Not Logged In (login)
 Next-in-Thread Next-in-Thread
 Next-in-Forum Next-in-Forum

Feedback Re: Visibiliy of reflection coefficient in G4LogicalBorderSurface 

Forum: Processes Involving Optical Photons
Re: None Visibiliy of reflection coefficient in G4LogicalBorderSurface (Davinder Siwal)
Date: 14 Feb, 2012
From: Gumplinger Peter <Gumplinger Peter>

Let me say this, for a dielectric_dielectric surface, when you specify 98% of reflection coefficient, you are not specifying that 98% of your photons will reflect but that 2% of your photons will be absorbed on the surface. The other 98% will either be reflected or refracted depending on other properties you've specified for your surface.

Now, to your question:

new G4LogicalBorderSurface("name",vol1_phys,vol2_phys,OpSurf)

new G4LogicalBorderSurface("name",vol2_phys,vol1_phys,OpSurf)

will mean that the photos see the same G4OpticalSurface* OpSurf no matter which direction they arrive at the interface. This is what you'll probably want in most circumstances. If you neglect to specify one of the two, then the neglected direction will simply be a perfectly smooth dielectric_dielectric interface with only the index of refraction specified on both sides.

Inline Depth:
 1 1
 All All
Outline Depth:
 1 1
 2 2
 All All
Add message: (add)

1 None: Re: Visibiliy of reflection coefficient in G4LogicalBorderSurface   (Davinder Siwal - 15 Feb, 2012)
(_ Feedback: Re: Visibiliy of reflection coefficient in G4LogicalBorderSurface   (Gumplinger Peter - 15 Feb, 2012)
(_ None: Re: Visibiliy of reflection coefficient in G4LogicalBorderSurface   (Davinder Siwal - 15 Feb, 2012)
 Add Message Add Message
to: "Re: Visibiliy of reflection coefficient in G4LogicalBorderSurface"

 Subscribe Subscribe

This site runs SLAC HyperNews version 1.11-slac-98, derived from the original HyperNews