|Message: Re: Summary of Geant4 Electromagnetic Changes over the Last Few Years||Not Logged In (login)|
Click on the Forum title, e.g. on the "Forums by Category" page, to read a sequence of postings to the Forum and its threads all in one page. If you are only interested in one thread or the thread following a specific posting, click the thread or the posting, which takes you to a smaller page, which contains only the part you are interested in and may be easier to navigate.
Messages are "chained" if there are only replies at the first level, i.e. 1/1.html, 1/1/1.html etc. In case of "chained" messages the message number is replaced by the icon and there is no indentation.
Inline: Display the subject line only or also the text of the posting(s); for the choice "All" the "Outline" choices are switched off.
|1||0||1||no text / full text of posting|
|2||1||All||text for level 1 only / text for All postings|
Outline: Choose the depth of the posting thread, successive toggle controls provide increasing detail.
|1||2||1||2 levels / 1 level (original posting)|
|2||3||2||3 levels / 2 levels|
|3||3||All||3 levels / all levels (all postings)|
here is a brief update on changes in the Low Energy Electromagnetic package since Geant4 version 6.1 to complement those you listed. In one way or the other all the changes summarized below are relevant to medical applications; the individual relevance of any of them obviously depends on the specific application considered.
The main changes are listed below: development changes first, bug fixing changes next:
- Improved PIXE model for K-shell ionisation by protons (7.0)
- New G4LowEnergyPolarizedRayleigh process (7.1)
- Alternative models of photoelectric angular distribution implemented: Simple, Sauter-Gavrila, Polarized (this one new) (8.1)
- New specialized models suitable to microdosimetry in water: elastic scattering, excitation and ionisation by electrons, excitation, ionisation and charge transfer by protons, He, He+ and He++, ionisation and charge transfer by hydrogen (beta version in 8.1, full version in 9.1)
- Several fixes and improvements to atomic relaxation (X-ray fluorescence and Auger electron emission) in the course of the validation process documented in (6.2 through 9.1)
- Fixes for energy loss of positrons in Penelope-like implementation, in Barkas effect (6.2)
- Improvements and fixes in Penelope-like Compton, Bremsstrahlung, treatment of effective charge (7.0)
- Fixes in Penelope-like ionisation, G4LowEnergyPolarizedCompton, G4hICRU49Nuclear stopping power model (7.1)
- Fixes in G4hLowEnergyIonisation (8.0)
- Fix to Penelope-like Rayleigh scattering (9.1)
Further details are documented in the History file distributed in Geant4 electromagnetic/lowenergy package.
The Change Management process adopted relies on the domain decomposition and traceability process to identify internal dependencies, and ensures that in any development cycle new developments in sub-domains do not interfere with ongoing validation projects, while validation projects are kept aware of bug fixes and managed accordingly. Therefore there is a correlation between the changes listed above and the time frame of the publications listed in http://www.ge.infn.it/geant4/papers/
Hope it helps. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further details.
|Inline Depth:||Outline Depth:||Add message:|