|Message: Geant with Intel compiler on Windows||Not Logged In (login)|
Click on the Forum title, e.g. on the "Forums by Category" page, to read a sequence of postings to the Forum and its threads all in one page. If you are only interested in one thread or the thread following a specific posting, click the thread or the posting, which takes you to a smaller page, which contains only the part you are interested in and may be easier to navigate.
Messages are "chained" if there are only replies at the first level, i.e. 1/1.html, 1/1/1.html etc. In case of "chained" messages the message number is replaced by the icon and there is no indentation.
Inline: Display the subject line only or also the text of the posting(s); for the choice "All" the "Outline" choices are switched off.
|1||0||1||no text / full text of posting|
|2||1||All||text for level 1 only / text for All postings|
Outline: Choose the depth of the posting thread, successive toggle controls provide increasing detail.
|1||2||1||2 levels / 1 level (original posting)|
|2||3||2||3 levels / 2 levels|
|3||3||All||3 levels / all levels (all postings)|
Is there a proper correct way to build Geant4 with Intel compiler on Windows (better without modifying Geant sources)?
I encountered several problems with Intel C++ Compiler 15.0, Geant4-10.1p01, CMake and MS Visual Studio 2013:
1) CMake doesn't have option for Intel compiler
2) If manually force to use icl.exe as C/C++ compiler, CMake still recognize MSVC 17 and build project for it
3) Project - Intel Compiler - Use Intel C++ option at MSVC works properly only for static build. When BUILD_SHARED_LIBS turned on only 'genwindef' project can switch to Intel properly.
4) Recommended option from http://geant4.web.cern.ch/geant4/UserDocumentation/UsersGuides/InstallationGuide/html/ch02s03.html for Intel '-fp-model precise' doesn't work on Windows
4) GEANT4_BUILD_CXXSTD is ignored on Windows by CMake, but while setting manually to use C++11 (e.g. Properties - Language - Enable C++ 11 Support) some projects cannot be build (e.g. G4expat-static)
5) 'error : expected identifier ... detected during' is for all calls for std::max at G4SimplexDownhill.icc and G4UnitsTable.cc (though Intel's interprocedural optimization turned off)
6) In some projects WIN32 is not set as preprocessor definition and that caused several errors
Finally I was able to manually build G4clhep-static, G4expat-static, G4global-static, G4zlib-static with several source changes (and genwindef but seems it is ignored) and no other projects with lots of errors. Do you have any suggestions whether it will be possible to fix or do you have intends to make a Geant builds with Intel compiler on Windows in future?
|Inline Depth:||Outline Depth:||Add message:|