Forum: Installation and Configuration
Date: 25 Jul, 2012
From: Joel Long <Joel Long>

Hey Bethany, You will definitely need to update to the cmake build system properly or your simulation won't run correctly (though, as you have discovered, it might run). First, remove "GNUmakefile" from your build directory if it is there (that is part of the old build system and will only confuse things). Then modify cmakelists.txt (more on that in a moment). Then run cmake as per the instructions you found. That should create a file called Makefile in your build directory. In the terminal, navigate to that directory, then run "make".

I am attaching the text of the basic CMakeLists below. I will put things you will potentially need to change in [[ ]] with some comments to help you.

I am also going to repost this in the Installation and Configuration section, since it turns out that is what your issue is. Please post further replies there.

Hope this helps, Joel

      http://hypernews.slac.stanford.edu/HyperNews/geant4/get/AUX/2012/07/25/13.49-34753-CMakeLists.txt

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:31:03 GMT, Bethany wrote:

> Hi Joel, Great, glad not to have to figure out why Geant can't find
> OpenGL things. How to get it to use it seems preferable. :)
>
> I will try modifying the example to see if I can get some insight into
> different visualization options in there.
>
> I sort of updated my program to the cmake build system. I happened to
> find some instructions for running the examples, and wondered whether I
> needed to do a similar thing with my simulation now. I didn't find any
> confirmation on that, but tried it anyways...I added a CMakeLists.txt
> file (perhaps not quite the actual name) and tried to compile with that.
> I'm not quite sure I'm running correctly with that, though it seems to
> work. I'm fairly confused about the instructions for building my code
> with cmake. Do I have to do this instead of just typing make in my
> primary directory for my simulation? Do I have to do anything else to
> update this? I don't know anything about cmake except what I find in the
> Geant instructions.
>
> Thanks so much for your help! I feel like I smell success sometime
> soonish...I hope...! :)
>
> ~Bethany

Inline Depth:
 1 1
 All All
Outline Depth:
 1 1
 2 2
 All All
Add message: (add)

1 None: Re: OpenGL in 4.9.5 [Continued from Visualization forum]   (Bethany - 26 Jul, 2012)
1 More: Re: OpenGL in 4.9.5 [Continued from Visualization forum]   (Joel Long - 26 Jul, 2012)
2 More: Re: OpenGL in 4.9.5 [Continued from Visualization forum]   (Joel Long - 26 Jul, 2012)
1 None: Re: OpenGL in 4.9.5 [Continued from Visualization forum]   (Bethany - 26 Jul, 2012)
... 2 Message(s)
 Add Message Add Message
to: "Re: OpenGL in 4.9.5 [Continued from Visualization forum]"

 Subscribe Subscribe

This site runs SLAC HyperNews version 1.11-slac-98, derived from the original HyperNews

[ Geant 4 Home | Geant 4 HyperNews | Search | Request New Forum | Feedback ]