Forum: Installation and Configuration
Date: 13 Jan, 2011
From: Linxi Shi <Linxi Shi>

Hi all: I'm using a Windows XP 64bit with Cygwin and geant4_9_3_p01. I was trying to run TestEm14 with AIDA. My AIDA Version is "osc_batch-16.11-Windows_NT-ix86-cl_1310" downloaded from openScientist.

The way I did:
----Set up AIDA enviroment
I followed the the instruction on Openscientist to set up AIDA env:
1. Decompress the AIDA zipfile to E:
2. Set up VC++ enviroment in cmd first
3. Before launching CYGWIN, I call 'setup.bat' located in 'E:\osc_batch\16.11' in cmd.exe
4. change to CYGWIn by typing
     DOS> cd C:\CYGWIN
     DOS> CYGWIN
5. Check aida-config --incs
     and aida-config --libs,
     results popped are CL.exe syntax as expected from instruction.
A problem here is after failing later simulation, I came back to call a "check_install.bat" included in the same directory as "setup.bat". At first, everything is fine. But later, cmd dumped with a failure indication:
"
 a series of
 'batchlab::MemoryTuple::fill(int or double):column (0/1) not found'

 Chained Tuple:
 Processor : syntax error
 BatchLab::Calculator::initialize : findVariable failed.

"

------Continue Setup Geant4 in CYGWIN
6.source E:/Geant4/geant4_9_3_p01/env.sh
7.eanble G4ANALYSIS_USE: $export G4ANALYSIS_USE=1
8.$unset G4ANALYSIS_AIDA_CONFIG_CFLAGS
  $unset G4ANALYSIS_AIDA_CONFIG_LIBS, as mentioned in OpenScientist instruction
9.And then went to TestEm14 directory "make"

My problem is:
Everything is fine during "make" process.
But when I tried to run the simulation "./bin/WIN32-VC/TestEm14" with "compton.mac",from which I want to see the compron scattter histogram, it automatically teminated with notice:
"
 BatchLab::TreeFactory::create_tree : unknown type "".
 HistogramManager::book():problem creating the AIDA tree with storeName = testem14 storeType = root readOnly =0 createNew = 1 options = --noErrors export =root uncompress
Start Run processing

 -----Begin of Event: 0
"

And same termination problem happend in A01 and A01Ex. Is there anyone can help solve this problem? Very appreciate your time and attention!!!!

Thanks, Linxi

Inline Depth:
 1 1
 All All
Outline Depth:
 1 1
 2 2
 All All
Add message: (add)

1 None: Re: AIDA Problem, Successfully Built But Terminated when Running   (Guy Barrand - 14 Jan, 2011)
(_ None: Re: AIDA Problem, Successfully Built But Terminated when Running   (Linxi Shi - 14 Jan, 2011)
 Add Message Add Message
to: "AIDA Problem, Successfully Built But Terminated when Running"

 Subscribe Subscribe

This site runs SLAC HyperNews version 1.11-slac-98, derived from the original HyperNews

[ Geant 4 Home | Geant 4 HyperNews | Search | Request New Forum | Feedback ]