Forum: Event and Track Management
Date: 05 Jul, 2013
From: George Dedes <George Dedes>

>>>On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, roccaz wrote:
>>>
>>>Hi everyone,
>>>
>>>i want to make an output file of each track of my simulation. When one use the /event/verbose 1 and /tracking/verbose 1 before beamOn, one obtain all the informations about tracks. In my output file, i have the informations i want, except the initStep, which correspond to step number 0.
>>>
>>>How can I have access to the initStep?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>> *** Discussion title: Event and Track Management
>> Email replies to PublicHyperNews@slac.stanford.edu must include:
>>   Subject: ...change this to be about your reply.
>>
>> I'm afraid I've badly express myself. When I do what you did, of course
>> I have the same result as you. But what I want to do is making an output
>> file with just the data I want in it.
>>
>> To do so, I take the data in the Stepping action i write them into an
>> output file. But in my output, i dont have for each track step #0. How
>> can I have the info about it?
>>

>Hi,
>
>There is a one possibility to use G4SteppingVerbose - if you will
>right your class own inheriting from you can overwright the method
>
>TrackingStarted()
>
>The example is in TestEm1.
>
>VI

Hi Vladimir,

reviving a 10year old thread, as I happened to come across the same question:

As I understood from your answer, I can of course write my own SteppingVerbose class and implement what I want in the TrackingStarted() method. But similar to the other user's original question 10years ago, since I also do the most of the tracking processing in my own SteppingAction class, how can one simply force the SteppingAction to use the very first step (step 0) as the SteppingVerbose does?

George

Inline Depth:
 1 1
 All All
Outline Depth:
 1 1
 2 2
 All All
Add message: (add)

1 Question: Re: First step in SteppingVerbose and SteppingAction   (George Dedes - 08 Jul, 2013)
(_ Idea: Re: First step in SteppingVerbose and SteppingAction   (Vladimir Ivanchenko - 08 Jul, 2013)
(_ Ok: Re: First step in SteppingVerbose and SteppingAction   (George Dedes - 08 Jul, 2013)
 Add Message Add Message
to: "First step in SteppingVerbose and SteppingAction"

 Subscribe Subscribe

This site runs SLAC HyperNews version 1.11-slac-98, derived from the original HyperNews

[ Geant 4 Home | Geant 4 HyperNews | Search | Request New Forum | Feedback ]